Personal Trainer (Part Time) – Smithtown, NY
Who Are We Looking For?
Our Personal Trainers have a desire to learn and grow. We look for candidates with strong leadership skills, sales and customer service skills, and a proven track record for helping others. Many of our trainers hold advanced degrees and specializations. If you are excited about helping others improve their health, and you want to gain knowledge and experience with fitness & human movement, then let’s meet!
**We are currently looking for new and experienced personal trainers to grow with our team.
- Assessing clients’ eating and exercise habits, medical history, and posture
- Creating individualized exercise programs
- Demonstrating exercises and adding progressions or regressions based on clients’ individual needs
- Assessing and reviewing client progress
- Explaining safe and proper use of fitness equipment
- Leading both individual and group training sessions in person and/or online
- Researching on new exercise techniques and trends
- Promoting and Sell training packages
- Performing CPR/AED and administering basic first aid in case of emergencies
- Informing clients about on safety and follow COVID guidelines.
- Building a positive and trusting relationship with clients
- Advising clients on how to change nutritional and lifestyle habits
- Maintaining a clean training studio
- Social media promotion and lead generation/conversion
- Valid personal trainer certification (CPT) required
- Valid CPR/AED certification required
- Advanced certifications or degrees including sports science, athletic training, kinesiology, corrective exercise or human movement are preferred.
- Prior experience as a personal trainer, corrective exercise specialist or relevant role (1+ years preferred)
- Minimum Availability: 10+ hours/week
- High energy, Hard working, Self-starter mindset
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge of various fitness program design, including exercise progressions and regressions
- Available to work flexible hours – 10+ hours/week minimum (including morning/afternoon, afternoon/evening, and weekend shifts)
- Ability to lift 45+ pounds
- Flexible Hours
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Bonus Pay
- 401k + Employer Match
- Education Reimbursement Benefits
- Sales Commissions
- Additional Company Paid Benefits
**Equal Opportunity Employer**
Transfitnation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.